Even though you get a lot of benefits and features linked to Wells Fargo credit cards, it still is a risk to have a credit card, so good management is needed.
Here I take a look at how to apply for this credit card and the features you get with it as well as the pros and cons coming with it.
- About Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- Types of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- Main Features of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- More Features of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- Pros of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- Cons of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
- How to Apply for a Wells Fargo Credit Card
- Fees Involved with a Wells Fargo Credit Card
- How to Use a Wells Fargo Credit Card
- Wells Fargo Contact Info
About Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Wells Fargo started out with a horse-drawn coach early in 1852 and became a household name on the west side of the US.
This financial company is linked in the minds of Americans with the 6-horse stagecoach running across the country loaded with money, gold, and other valuables.
This company earned the trust of the country with their attentiveness to loyalty to their customers that kept them in high regard.
Many great financial services were provided by them through the years. From a humble beginning in San Francisco, they grew into a global financial institute.
A Variety of Credit Cards
One of the great services from this bank is the wide range of credit cards that come with many different rewards to their loyal customers.
All loyal customers with a good credit score will be able to make use of the financial services to help manage their finances.
Types of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
Finding the right credit card that will suit your personal needs at Wells Fargo will be an easy task with the many different types that are available.
These include some of the well-known cards that come with great features included, which makes them practical to use.
The following list includes some of the many credit cards that are offered by Wells Fargo for your convenience.
- Cash Wise visa card
- Propel American express
- Visa Signature card
- Wells Fargo rewards card
- Hotels.com Rewards visa credit card
- Wells Fargo Platinum card
- Cash Back College card
A Credit Card for Everyone
Looking at this long list of credit card products provided by Wells Fargo, you will find there is a credit card for anyone in any circumstance.
These are just an easy click away and your application will be approved in a short period of time.
Main Features of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
You will find that these credit cards from Wells Fargo come loaded with great features to make your banking so much easier.
Below, I take a look at some of the main features you get with almost all credit cards provided by Wells Fargo.
- There are quite a number of rewards with these credit cards, including reward points that can be spent at your leisure
- You also get an unlimited 1.5% or more on purchases of up to certain amounts on these credit cards
- There is also a very low APR
No Annual Fees
Maintaining these credit cards will cost you nothing at all thanks to the great feature of no annual fees linked to Wells Fargo credit cards.
This is great for students who need a credit card but can not afford to use them on a regular basis.
More Features of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
The features I mentioned are not the only ones linked to these very handy credit cards, and there are many more that will improve your user experience.
The following is a list of other features that are also included with these credit cards.
- 3% rewards for eating out or ordering in with American Express
- Up to $150 cash rewards for spending more than $500 in the first 3 months on the Cash Wise visa card
- 5% rewards for spending $12,500 on groceries in the first 6 months on the Visa Signature card
There Is More
With the Wells Fargo Platinum credit card, you will get the lowest APR for the first 18 months for purchases and balance transfers.
With the college card, you can build a credit history while in college and earn 3% cash rewards for the first 6 months.
Pros of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
To determine the worth of any credit card, you need to take a look at the perks and features linked to the card.
I made a list of the great pros you get to take advantage of when you use a Wells Fargo credit card.
- Complete management of your finances with monthly statements
- Ability to pool or transfer points across Wells Fargo accounts
- Points earned never expire, so you can use them when you need them
- FICO score tracking to help build your credit score
- Easy and secure online access to your account
There is a long list of rewards that can be earned from using any of the Wells Fargo credit cards at your disposal.
These may include anything from 1.5% to 3% cash rewards and up to 5% cashback bonuses on all purchases.
Cons of Wells Fargo Credit Cards
There is also a list of cons that come with any credit card from any company or institution that provides financial services to their customers.
I took a closer look at them so that you can be completely aware of the risks involved with credit cards.
- Low reward rate on categories that have no bonus attached to it
- You may face up to a 3% foreign transaction fee
- After the initial bonus period, there is a high balance transfer fee
- Potentially high APR depending on your credit
You Must Have a Good Credit Score
With many of the credit cards that are issued by Wells Fargo, you may need to have a credit score of 750 or higher.
This means most younger people with a low credit score will not qualify for some of these cards.
How to Apply for a Wells Fargo Credit Card
To apply for any of the Wells Fargo credit cards, there are some criteria you need to comply with to qualify.
I have considered these requirements to make sure you are ready to apply for a credit card.
- Need to be 18 years or older to apply
- Must have a steady income, as well as proof of your income
- Must have an existing Wells Fargo account if you apply online
- Go to the build credit option and select apply now
- Provide personal information and submit
For Those with No Account
If you do not have an account with Wells Fargo, you need to visit them in person at any of their many physical branch offices.
It is easy to find a branch by making use of the branch locator to quickly and easily find one nearest to you.
Fees Involved with Wells Fargo Credit Cards
When the initial opening bonus of a credit card expires, there will be standard fees involved in the use of the credit card.
These may include a wide range of fees, so I have provided you with a list to prepare you for the future.
- Purchase APR of anything from 13.99 to 25.99% depending on your credit standing
- 3% fee on all purchases made abroad at foreign traders
- Balance transfer APR of 13.99 to 25.99% depending on your credit
Other Rates and Fees
Other credit cards may charge an APR of 14.49 to 24.99% on purchases and balance transfers.
The Wells Fargo secured credit card comes with a $25 annual fee, but most of them have no annual fee involved.
How to Use Wells Fargo Credit Cards
To make use of all the rewards and bonuses that come with Wells Fargo credit cards, you need to follow the rules of each card.
Some may have introductory periods of up to 18 months for cashback and reward points that you can use for different things.
You can use your reward points from Wells Fargo credit cards in many ways. Some of the rewards can be used for traveling on cruises and luxury vacations, as well as for flights.
Online auctions are also a great way to spend those reward points.
More Ways to Use It
These reward points are each worth 1 cent, so it is good to pile them up until you have enough to make the purchase worth your while.
These can be used for gift cards and to purchase other merchandise depending on the type of credit card you have.
Wells Fargo Contact Info
You can contact Wells Fargo for information and to apply for a credit card.
The following is a list of the different customer service options so that you can get in contact with Wells Fargo directly.
|Wells Fargo Online||1-800-956-4442|
|Apply By Phone or online||1-800-825 -7600|
|Credit card management||1-800-642-4720|
|Existing personal loans||1-877-269-6056|
|New personal loans||1-877-526-6332|
|Mortgage customer service||1-800-357-6675|
|Portfolio by Wells Fargo account||1-800-742-4932|
Other Contact Details
If you ever become a victim or suspect that you are a victim of fraud, contact the bank at the following numbers.
- Personal accounts 1-800-869-3557
- Small business accounts 1-800-225-5935
- Credit cards 1-800-642-4720
There are many great features linked to the Wells Fargo credit cards. It is important that you control your spending, stay within the limits, and apply proper financial management.
Note: There are risks when making use of the credit facilities, so keep yourself informed. Take a look at the Wells Fargo terms and conditions page so that you can be aware of any risks involved.